Ford Fiesta ST – Wins 22 awards!!! – Check out my full Editorial Review and Video
New Fiesta ST Wins 22 Awards Worldwide in First Year on Sale
- The Ford Fiesta ST wins 22 awards from around the world in its first year on sale; has earned more honours than any small performance vehicle from Ford ever
- Fiesta ST is BBC TopGear Magazine 2013 Car of the Year in the U.K., Echappement magazine Sports Car of the Year in France and 2014 Automobile Magazine All-Star in the U.S.
- Dynamic performance car is equipped with a 1.6-litre EcoBoost petrol engine to achieve 0-100 km/h in 6.9 seconds and offer 134kW and 240Nm of torque. Top speed is 220 km/h
Ford’s fastest and most dynamic small production car has earned 22 awards from Europe and around the world since going on sale last year, making it the most-awarded performance subcompact Ford has ever made.
Named BBC TopGear Magazine Car of the Year, U.K., and Echappement magazine Sports Car of the Year, France, the Fiesta ST also was recently named a 2014 Automobile Magazine All-Star in the U.S.
The Fiesta ST employs a precision-tuned and driver-focused powertrain and chassis to deliver the ultimate Fiesta driving experience. Developed by Ford’s Team RS, the European arm of Ford’s Global Performance Vehicle group, it is equipped with a 1.6-litre EcoBoost petrol engine to achieve 0-100 km/h in 6.9 seconds and offer 134kW and 240Nm of torque. Top speed is 220 km/h.
Team RS tuned the powertrain, suspension, steering and brakes for optimised driving dynamics; and introduced features only previously found in larger performance cars – including enhanced Torque Vectoring Control (eTVC) and three-mode Electronic Stability Control (ESC), six-speed manual transmission, and rear disc brakes.
Everyday practicality is underlined by fuel efficiency of 5.9 l/100km* and 138 g/km CO2* – a 20 per cent emissions reduction compared with the first generation Fiesta ST, though it produces almost 20 per cent more power than the first generation’s 2.0-litre engine.
“The new Fiesta ST delivers remarkable levels of performance, design and quality to offer an unsurpassed driving experience,” said Juergen Gagstatter, chief programme engineer, Fiesta ST. “Ford’s European customers are connoisseurs of the hot hatchback and the new Fiesta ST speaks directly to that passion for performance driving.”
The full list of awards the Fiesta ST has won since launch is:
- BBC TopGear Magazine (U.K.), Car of the Year
- Echappement (France),Sports Car of the Year
- Car (Spain), Top 11 Sports Cars
- Car (South Africa), Best Hot Hatch
- Auto Express (U.K.), Best Hot Hatch
- Scottish Car of the Year (U.K.), Best Hot Hatch
- The Sunday Times (U.K),No. 1 Hot Hatch
- Autocar (U.K.),Best Value Driver’s Car
- Automobile Magazine (U.S.), 2014 All-Star
- Car and Driver (U.S.),10 Best
- Gear Patrol (U.S.),GP100 Top Gear
- Popular Mechanics (U.S.),2014 Automotive Excellence Award for Handling
- Esquire (U.S.),Small Car of the Year
- Culture Map – Houston (U.S.),Hot Compact of the Year
- Autobytel (U.S.),2014 Compact Car of the Year
- MotorWeek (U.S.),Drivers’ Choice Award for Best Subcompact Car
- Hagerty (U.S.),2014 Hagerty Hot List
- About.com (U.S.),Best New Cars of 2014
- National Business Review (U.S.), Sports Car of the Year 2013
- UK Car of the Year (U.K.),Best Performance Car
- kbb.com (U.S.),10 Coolest New Cars Under $25,000 of 2014
- TopGear Magazine (China),Best Performance Car in 2013
- TopGear Magazine (South Africa), Most Enjoyable Car 2013 and Best Hot Hatch 2014
- China Auto Pictorial (China),Performance Car of the Year
- RPM South Africa, Best Hot Hatch 2014