Early 2018 we will see the compact new Jaguar E-Pace performance SUV launching in South Africa
AT A GLANCE
- Jaguar sports car design and dynamics in a five-seat compact performance SUV
- Latest connectivity and practicality solutions for busy families
- Up to eight devices can stream content using E-PACE’s 4G Wi-Fi hotspot
- Touch Pro infotainment system connects customers to their favourite apps on the move
- Large 12.3-inch full colour TFT driver display and Head-Up Display means the driver need never take their eyes off the road
- Configurable Dynamics technology delivers true Jaguar dynamics, allowing drivers to personalise throttle, steering and transmission settings
- Lightweight suspension architecture, all-wheel drive, Active Driveline and torque vectoring provide excellent agility and all-surface traction
- Sports car-inspired design includes 21-inch alloy wheels
- First Jaguar to exclusively feature Ingenium petrol and diesel engines, from the clean and responsive 110kW diesel with 147g/km CO2 emissions to the sporty 221kW petrol accelerating from standstill to 100km/h in 6.4 seconds
Established Jaguar design principles ensure the E-PACE is immediately recognisable as the sports car of its class,” said Ian Callum, Director of Design, Jaguar. “Our new compact SUV combines the interior space, connectivity and security that families expect with the kind of proportions, purity of design and performance not usually associated with such a practical vehicle.”
The E-PACE and E-PACE R-Dynamic are available with Standard, S, SE and HSE specification packs and a choice of five powertrains, with three diesel and two petrol engines. The 2.0-litre four-cylinder Ingenium diesel powerplant is available in 110kW (P150), 132kW (P180) and 177kW (P240) outputs, while the pair of 2.0-litre four-cylinder Ingenium petrol turbo units deliver 183kW (P250) or 221kW (P300). All models are fitted with a ZF nine-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive.
High levels of standard equipment are a core component of the E-PACE range. Convenience features such as Touch Pro infotainment, LED headlights and a rear-view camera system are joined by advanced driver assistance systems including Driver Condition Monitor and Emergency Braking.