- Flagship model joins elite class of international grand touring coupes
- New vehicle architecture delivers unfettered driving pleasure
- Winner of multiple Eyes on Design awards
- LC 500 features 351kW high-performance V8 and 10-speed automatic transmission
- New multimedia and safety technologies
The LC is built at Lexus’ Motomachi plant, famously home to production of the hand-crafted LFA supercar. The factory’s layout and facilities have been tailored to the production of the LC, to ensure the highest quality levels.
Many of the Takumi and skilled workers who built the LFA transferred to the LC project, bringing with them a wealth of knowledge and experience, particularly in areas such as the handling of carbon fibre components and hand-finishing.
Immediately identifiable as a Lexus thanks to its hallmark spindle grille and dynamic character lines, the 2018 LC represents the most passionate expression of the brand’s design direction. The grille itself features a unique mesh texture that changes visual tension as it spreads across the front of the car. Independent L-shaped daytime running lights beneath new ultra-compact Triple LED headlamps create the distinctive LC front lighting signature. Functional venting serves aerodynamic stability and cooling.
As much as Lexus sought to carry forward the sensuous styling of the LF-LC concept into the production LC, it also worked to introduce a high level of aerodynamic performance to improve the coupe’s handling stability and ride quality and suppress wind noise.
The 5-litre naturally aspirated V8 issues a clarion call to driving enthusiasts. Based on the engine in the Lexus RC F high-performance models, the LC 500 version raises the output to 351kW and 450Nm of peak torque. The LC 500 can sprint from zero to 100km/h in less than 4.7 seconds.
The Lexus LC 500 debuts the first 10-speed automatic transmission for a luxury automobile. Smaller and lighter than some 8-speed units, this new transmission executes shifts at speeds rivaling dual-clutch transmissions, yet with the seamless performance and smoothness of a torque converter automatic. Very quick downshifts eliminate lag in G response.
LC 500 At Glance
- Standard Bi-LED-Auto High Beam Headlights
- Aluminium-Smart Entry Outside Door Handles
- Carbon Fibre Inside Door Handles
- Lexus Dynamic Handling with 4-wheel Steering
- Vehicle Dynamic Integrated Management
- Drive Mode Select (Eco,Normal,Sport,Sport S+)
- 21” Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tyres
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Heads Up Display
- Navigation System
- Driver and Passenger Seat Heater and Ventilation
- Priced at R1 729 600, the LC 500 comes with a Service Plan of 4years/100 000km and a standard Lexus Distance Plan Complete.