Editor: Jason “The Bok” Date – 21 Feb 2020
It’s small, it’s cute and it’s compact. I spent some time behind the wheel of the affordable city slicking new Peugeot 108 5dr.
With cute, squat dimensions, the Peugeot 108 is a perfect little city car. It offers compact dimensions, which make it easy to park, a decent media system with the likes of mobile phone mirror linking and Bluetooth, improved interior space of its predecessor and safety features such as ABS and airbags.
Compact cars are usually a lot of fun to drive and this little guy is a real hoot! Holding its own within the bends and providing what is a comfortable yet very frugal ride make it a great option if you’re in the market for an affordable small runabout.
Key specifications include:
- 3 Cylinder Engine with 53 kW : 93 Nm Torque
- Claimed 5.2 L/100 km fuel economy
- 227-litres of claimed luggage loading area (seats folded-up)
- 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with smartphone mirror-link functionality
- Priced at just R179 900
- 5-year/100 000 km warranty AND a 5-year/100 000 km service plan
In the modern motoring world which seems to produce more and more larger vehicles, its refreshing to find a vehicle which is small, yet practical as well as being affordable, yet smart and intuitive. I enjoyed my time with the new Peugeot 108.