PEUGEOT is announcing the all new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV, its most advanced SUV and the Brand’s first introduction into the SUV market.
Whether it is because of its spectacular latest-generation PEUGEOT i-COCKPIT®, or its exceptionally inspired design, its perfectly balanced proportions and exhilarating driving experience, its efficient engines or high tech equipment, the all new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV will assert itself as a major player in its segment.
At just 4.45m in length, the all new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV is one of the most compact models in its segment, offering greater passenger and luggage space over the previous model. With a longer wheelbase and an overall length which is just 8m longer than the current model, interior space has greatly improved, most notably for rear occupants who now have an additional 24mm legroom, 4mm elbow room and 36mm headroom. Front elbow space has also increased by 17mm despite the width of the new model being identical to the outgoing version at 1840mm, and height being 15mm lower at 1624mm.
Luggage space has improved in the all new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV. With a luggage capacity of 520l (under the luggage cover), this is almost 90l bigger than the previous generation. Like the previous version, owners can remove the luggage cover and fold the second row of seats flat; this results in a total luggage capacity of 1670l, one of the largest and most versatile load capacities in the segment.
Getting into the all new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV is surprising, original and oozing with quality.
The spectacular, state of the art PEUGEOT i-Cockpit® immediately catches the eye.
This coherent and highly technological ensemble is the latest generation PEUGEOT i-Cockpit®, a novel concept that has rewritten the book on the car cockpit.
It offers a more intuitive and intense driving experience, with a compact re-designed steering wheel which has been redesigned with two flats to make it easier to grip and afford the driver maximum visibility and legroom. Full hide leather, from level 2, chrome inserts and gloss black trims deliver a high level of quality and attractiveness on GT-Line and GT-Line+
The large 8” touch screen resembles a tablet installed in the center of dashboard and is equipped with capacitive technology for greater reactivity and practicality. It is accompanied by six elegant piano-key “toggle switches” giving direct and permanent access to the main control functions i.e. radio, climate control, navigation, vehicle parameters, telephone and mobile applications.
The head-up digital instrument panel, features a 12.3” screen with futuristic graphics. It can be completely configured and personalised. It brings together all that the driver could want in his field of view and is easily accessible from the thumbwheel on the steering wheel.
The evolution of the PEUGEOT i-Cockpit® goes further as it features sensory buttons. Thus, and by simply pressing a dedicated key – next to the toggle buttons there is the opportunity to further enhance the driving experience: with i-Cockpit®. In this way, all the senses are immediately aroused:
- Sight – by varying the intensity of ambient lighting and the colour screens
- Hearing – via the musical ambiance settings
- Touch – via the multi-point massage embedded in the seats (with up to five programmes) the varying textures within the cockpit also stimulates the sense of touch.
- Sound amplification of the engine – sends sound through the sound system to stimulate the onboard experience (when in Sports Mode)
The exterior has adopted all the characteristics of an SUV giving it a sense of harmony, of well-balanced proportions – a shape inspired by the boundless creativity of its designers.
- A vertical front end – giving a feeling of strength, almost an animal aggression. In its center – the Lion, correctly in proportion, takes pride of place.
- A long flat bonnet – with styling lines that convey a sense of command. The windscreen is flanked by chrome inserts lending a dynamic feel to the front end.
- A high waist line – with a marked increase in the sheet metal/glass ratio. The line is highlighted with elegance and fluidity, producing a slimmer profile. It’s a superbly styled vehicle with proportions that make it look less heavy and taller than the majority of its competitors. The PEUGEOT styling team were able to achieve this feat partly because they included, as an option from level 2, a gloss black roof, highlighted by standard-fit stainless steel adornments which stretch to the rear spoiler. This “Black Diamond” roof is a key styling feature in the design of the vehicle.
- Wide protective bands (bumper skirts, wheel arches, bottom of the doors) executed with a mixture of character and sophistication.
- Large wheels
- Raised ground clearance
- Shaped roof bars
- At the rear we find a clear very modern design, a gloss black band incorporating opalescent LED tail lamps, featuring the three essential claw-marks that make the PEUGEOT visual signature so clearly identifiable, at night and in the daytime.
Reduced weight, improved driving experiences
Despite the improvements in increased passenger and luggage capacities, the new model is, on average, 100kg lighter than the previous generation versions.
This has been achieved through intelligent design and use of materials to provide improved efficiency, better fuel economy, increased performance, a more dynamic driving experience and class leading safety.
Very High Strength Steel (VHSS) and Ultra High Strength Steel (UHSS) have been used in the vehicles’ construction, with a thermoplastic boot floor and tailgate and aluminium wings, front suspension arms and rear seat frames. More refined engines also allow for a reduction in sound-deadening materials.
The all new PEUGEOT 3008 is a true SUV, and like any true SUV it has genuine off-road capability, especially thanks to the Advanced Grip Control.*
This enhanced traction system utilises the following equipment on the 3008+ versions (Allure+ and GT-Line+)
- Optimised traction control with five grip levels (normal, snow, mud, sand, Esp off) all controlled from a switch on the center console.
- Specific tyre fitment 18” (Mud and Snow)
- Hill Assist and Descent Control, a new descent assist function giving safe control of the vehicle on steep slopes – also controlled by a switch on the center console.
- Body-hugging ‘sporty’ front bucket seats
- Large panoramic sunroof fitted with a blind and illuminated rails (on GT Line+ only)
Intelligent design to architectural service performance
The folding bench seat has a 2/3 – 1/3 ‘Magic Flat’ capability to optimise loading with a flat floor.
The original adaptable moving boot floor, initiated on the original 3008, has been evolved with two positions to allow the optimisation of boot space and removable side-panels that can be affixed to the side boot trim.
For carrying long objects, the front passenger seat can be folded to allow a smaller width item of 3m to be carried (like water skis) on all versions. This clever functionality can be further completed with a hands-free opening tailgate, allowing a simple gesture of the foot under the rear bumper to open or to close the motorised tailgate.*
In short, the ingenuity of the all new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV allows many configurations.
The all new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV responds to the driver’s need to stay connected while driving and the driver can navigate with confidence, due to facilities like MirrorScreen induction Smartphone recharging only and 3D connected navigation*
The 3D navigation stretches realism even further by displaying images of marked buildings and monuments, while taking into account the contours of the terrain. With a simple touch of a roller dial on the steering wheel, it can be transferred from the touch-screen to the digital instrument unit for easier viewing.
- With TomTom® Traffic its connectivity gives real-time visibility of events essential to the journey and access to various other information; local weather, car-parks, service stations, etc. There is also an option to subscribe to TomTom® to receive reliable information on permanent danger areas and temporary risk areas reported by the Community. *Allure and GT Line only
With the Mirror Screen function, a Smartphone screen can be mirrored on the touch-screen to make best use of its applications. It is compatible with MirrorLink protocols (Android smartphones), Android Auto and Apple CarplayTM (iPhone 5 onwards). And with a simple touch of a button on the steering wheel, there is a remote voice recognition function through the smartphone (Android S-Voice and Apple Siri). Without taking the eyes off the road, and in complete safety, new possibilities are opened up to the driver: make calls, choose music, read and send text messages, get route information, in other words, permanent connectivity while driving.
A safer and more capable SUV
Technology has done more than just improve the driver and passenger experience and enjoyment; it has also improved safety with the next generation of safety systems and state-of-the-art driver aids.
Available on the all new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV is an Active Safety Brake and Distance Alert, a distance alert function (risk of collision warning) with automatic emergency braking (to avoid a collision or to limit the severity by reducing vehicle speed) and Active Involuntary Crossing Line, a lane departure alert for safer driving with visual and audible warnings and active vehicle control. On GT Line+
The new model also has the Driver Alert Warning function; with constant analysis of vehicle trajectory against road markings, it can then trigger several levels of audible and visual alerts and remind drivers to take a break after two hours of continuous driving and at a speed greater than 65km/h.
In addition to this are safety features such as Automatic High Beam Assistance, to automatically switch between high beam and low beam depending on the lighting conditions and oncoming traffic, Speed Sign Detection and Recommendation, standard on all trim levels, Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop function, Active Blind Spot Monitoring System, and a Visiopark 180° view camera on the GT Line+.
Designed to perform
The all new PEUGEOT 3008’s aerodynamic design has been enhanced to deliver class leading efficiency, with an excellent CdA from 0.76dm2. Ultra Low Rolling Resistance (ULRR) tyres are also fitted as standard to all 3008 SUV’s. 18” wheels are fitted to the GT Line+ due to it being calibrated with the Advanced Grip Control System.
A full range of performance engines
The new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV comes with a fuel efficient Euro5 petrol and diesel engine.
- 1.6L THP 120kW S&S 6-speed Automatic (EAT6)
- 2.0L HDi 110kW S&S 6-speed Automatic (EAT6) available in the first quarter of 2018.
|Active 1.6 THP Auto||R399 900|
|Allure 1.6 THP Auto||R444 900|
|Allure+ 1.6 THP Auto||R464 900|
|GT Line 1.6 THP Auto||R499 900|
|GT Line+ 1.6 THP Auto||R569 900|
Warranties and Service Plan
4 year/60 000 Service Plan – up to four years of technical and financial peace of mind
3 year / 100 000km Manufacturer Warranty
3 year / 100 000km Roadside Assistance
12 Year Anti-Perforation Warranty
Optional 5 year/100 000km full maintenance plan