Editor: Jason “The Bok”
When it comes to combining sport and technology, I am a real sucker for a great, affordable and simple training companion, something like the Xiaomi Mi Smart Band 5.
Basic features include the likes of;
– Large dynamic colour display with more than 65 dial themes
– 11 sports modes: Rowing machine, jump rope, yoga, elliptical
– 50 m water resistance: Wear when showering or swimming
– All-new women’s health tracking: Menstrual cycle tracking and notifications
– 24-hour heart rate monitoring: Real-time monitoring with heart rate alerts
– 24-hour sleep monitoring: Rapid eye movement (REM), naps
– 14-day extra-long battery life: Battery-saver mode for extended battery life
– Magnetic charging: Removal-free, direct charging
This ultra-lightweight and adjustable rubber band fits perfectly into any dress sense, theme or training routine. With its AMOLED 1.1 inch display, 14-day battery life, heart rate monitoring, and multi-sport training modes, it’s the ultimate easy to use training tool.
What’s in the box?
– Mi Smart Band 5
– Proprietary Sync/Charge Cable
– User Manual
In conclusion, like all Xiaomi products which I have come used to using, the brand aims at combining affordability with quality, and the Mi Smart 5 certainly pulls off the brand’s ethos as it was intended. Feature-packed and available at under R700 (USD $50) from many leading retailers in South Africa and globally, it’s a device that I can certainly recommend at a heartbeat.
Find out more at;